- The choice of depression medications in primary care is difficult as there are many choices.
- The best evidence does not indicate clear winners in terms of efficacy (recent AHRQ Synthesis).
- The choice is then mostly across agents’ toxicity, burdens, and costs, issues patients care about.
Decision aids to be used during the encounter:
Online decision aid (English)
Paper-based decision aid:
(click on the titles under each language to download the PDF of each card)
- Take Home Brochure (English) for patients
- Spanish Depression Aid
- Take home Brochure (Spanish)) for patients
- Storyboard showing the steps in using the cards (Spanish version)
- Video demonstration of how to use the cards
- Shared Decision Making Resource Center
DISCLAIMER: No decision aid replaces the conversation patients should have with their clinicians to make important, clinical decisions. Use of these decision aids carries no liability to its developers or to the Mayo Clinic Foundation for Education and Research.
If you download our decision aids, we would love to hear from you! Please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know who you are, why you are interested in the decision aid(s), and how you plan to use them. Remember to check back to this page periodically to make sure you are using the most up-to-date version(s).